Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HAPPENING NOW-UPDATE-EMMA

It's hard to realize it has been almost 2 years ago that our women's online Bible study group received the prayer request from a grandmother for her gravely ill granddaughter, Emma. It touched all our hearts and since I am so thankful that all my great, grandchildren are healthy and well I made Emma a prayer quilt and sent it. No, I don't know the family but the photo of the child put all of us praying for her recovery. 

Here is the link to the post I wrote about her at the time with link to the how to video as I worked on it: http://cwainscott.blogspot.com/2011/02/emmas-quilt.
I call these my stitched prayers because I pray as I stitch so each stitch is a prayer for healing. 

On Christmas Day, 2012, I opened my emails to find this update from Pat, Emma's grandmother, who had requested our prayers with photos and update on Emma:


Emma was diagnosed with ALL – leukemia in June, 2010. The day she was diagnosed she could have died with the nosebleed that was massive – her platelet counts were very low. A week in the hospital getting her stabilized. Then a week at home when she then developed a fever and was rushed by ambulance back to UNC Pediatric Oncology – an hour and a half away. It was a staph infection at the site of the bone marrow biopsy. We found out this past week that she could have died during that time because of the combination of the staff and the chemo.
The photo on the right was taken in May, 2011. The photo on the left is this past November at Disney World, a treat given to her and her family by Make-a-Wish Foundation. She is with her favorite princess – Rapunzel.
The doctor is amazed that she has grown as much as she has during treatment. We are all amazed and blessed by this little girl who is smart, polite, courteous, and fun to be around – not just because we are her grandparents.
Your prayers have been the mightiest medicine of all. You cannot know how much we appreciate your prayer warrioring for this child of God and her family.
May God bless each and every one of you today and always. And may this Christmas be filled with joy and the love of Christ.
Pat 
Faith is not a sense, nor sight, nor reason, but simply taking God at His Word. Christmas 

--------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't this wonderful? It was a different Christmas for my family this year. We have lost both my husband and his brother several months ago to cancer so reading this on Christmas Day helped a great deal.

God bless all of you, especially you, little Emma
Carolyn Wainscott

1 comment:

  1. Lots of Good information in your post,
    I favorited your blog post
    so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.



    wholesale fedora hats

    ReplyDelete