Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Cowgirl/Cowboy Boot Christmas Stocking

A day late, a year late-sometimes a decade or lifetime late but I guess better late than never. A year ago I found sketches for fancy Christmas stockings that I had done a couple of years before that and decided to finally make them. The Victorian Christmas stocking was completed, several in fact, with video completed. A patchwork version was completed and put online but somehow the Cowgirl/Cowboy Boot stocking got lost in the shuffle. There was a whole lot going on-par for the course.
In searching for something else, I found my photos of the Boot stocking and lo and behold, a video that just needed to be edited. Did I say "just"? Editing videos takes longer for me than all the other processes involved. Some of these young whippersnappers can whip right through all this electronic stuff but it takes Granny a long time to cut and paste-it eventually gets done. 
The pattern was finessed. Video edited. 
The Cowgirl/Cowboy Boot is one of the most fun things I have done. All those fringes and beads were dug out-some chainette and bullion fringes, sequins, and especially my turquoise beads . There were a couple of chambray shirts with beautiful southwestern appliques that were cut up, appliques salvaged to be put on a stocking. [Those had been in a box for years-couldn't throw them away-I knew the perfect project for them would come up]. There were some quilted Santas from past projects. Old jeans are perfect for the boot stocking. Fancy fabrics make gorgeous boots and it doesn't take a lot, use up those scraps.
At some point of coordinating, I had to stop and start putting together. The combinations were becoming endless. Here are some that I made:




The trusty old hot glue gun was put to good use. Lots of hot glue. 
Here is the video that may help explain some of my maybe not so clear instructions in the pattern. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Cowgirl/Cowboy Boot stocking pattern is available in My Pattern Store on www.Craftsy.com @ http://www.craftsy.com/user/43851/pattern-store along with my other patterns including the patterns for the Victorian Stocking and the Patchwork Stocking. All are quick and easy because that is how I like to create. 
While on the www.Craftsy.com site, I noticed there were several free classes available that I would like to try like this one:

Bag-Making Basics: Reversible Tote & Zipper Pouch by Kristin Link
@http://www.craftsy.com/class/bag-making-basics-reversible-tote-and-zipper-pouch/148

Have a great time making the boot stockings and all your other crafts.
Carolyn Wainscott

No comments:

Post a Comment