Monday, October 22, 2012

A QUILT SHOW WITH MY MORNING COFFEE

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, my quiet morning coffee ritual. Yes, I guess it has become a ritual. I deserve being able to sit here as long as I want with my favorite beverage-it took long enough.
 
My life has probably been no different from yours-really busy. Having to start your day running as soon as your feet hit the floor in the morning. Get everyone up, ready for the day, out the door to work and school, throw in some laundry and maybe dinner in the crock pot before you head out the door for work. Should I have reminded you of how tired you really could be if you stop to think about it?
 
I am way past retirement age. [Retirement???] My son will be 55 next month, he started school at 5 years of age-his 3 sisters a few years after. Then, without much of a break, there were grandchildren to raise and put into school. The youngest grandson, Travis, just graduated from college a few months ago so in essence, I have been on the school merry-go-round for almost 50 years-whew.
 
Sooo YES, I do deserve to sit here with my coffee in my pajamas and robe all day if it suits me.
 
Some mornings the ritual is longer than others before I get started on my projects-my projects, all mine, all day if I want. Oh, boy, I can't wait to get up in the mornings.
 
Being a quilter, I love going to quilt shows to see the work of others and new products. Now, a quilt show comes to me right through my computer through the daily newsletter from www.FaveQuilts.com.  Every day is different:baby quilts, miniature quilts, tote bags, ornaments-anything quilted including new products and links to the quilt world. There are how-tos of all kinds including video tutorials. Sometimes I have to just turn the computer off to get myself away from my quilt show and get things done.
 
 
This morning this little chicadee pattern caught my eye. I love chicadees. I have already downloaded the pattern that's provided. It looks quick and easy 

 
Then there is this attic window quilt that is of interest since it is one of those projects that I have toyed with making for a long time.

  
I didn't get to cruise through all the links this morning, don't have the time. My ritual is being short changed by an appointment-I hope my psyche doesn't go into shutdown but it will have to catch up later with all those lovely projects that Jessica, the FaveQuilts editor, has pulled together for all of us.
 
 Maybe tomorrow morning will take a little longer.
 
 
God bless, happy quilting & check out www.FaveQuilts.com.
 
Carolyn Wainscott
 


No comments:

Post a Comment