Saturday, March 31, 2012

My LAST SUPPER Wallhanging Using A Lace Tablecloth



If you need a fairly easy, fairly quick, really eyecatching wallhanging, this may be just the piece for you. It can be made larger than this 50" by 72" sample by just enlarging the backgound and adding more cutouts around or cutting the center larger.  

I made one for my former living room that occupied most of a wall by just using a larger piece of fabric and trimming with a border-don't tell my husband but the whole thing was just stapled to the wall-not a bit of sewing and when Christmas rolled around the Last Supper lace came down and a lace Nativity tablecloth was put it its place. The Nativity tablecloth had angels and other motifs that were cut out and surrounded the center manger scene. Different motifs other than lace might be considered also but I stayed with the lace.

I picked up the tablecoths at Walmart after the holidays so they were on sale. I keep forgetting to check to see if they are still available but there were several on Ebay. I think I got one at a Christian book store while we were on vacation also. Why have more than one or two of the tablecloths-just because, that's why. No, really, my sister and I have helped decorate for several church events and these have been very handy.

Here is a step by step video for putting the whole thing together:

There are also printable instructions on www.FaveCrafts.comhttp://www.favecrafts.com/Quilting.

The wallhanging was constructed so that the Last Supper and other motifs can be removed and replaced with other motifs if desired. I even came up with the idea of using glittered tie tacs [since I had them on hand from other projects] for attaching the lace.

Here is the prepared background before attaching the lace motifs: 


The sewing time wasn't as involved as you might think, even with stitching the three ribbons together to make the border as wide as I wanted.

Hope you like this and enjoy putting it together-even if you do use a stapler.
Good luck and God bless
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

check out my designs in my pattern store on Craftsy.com @
http://www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/43851

8" alphabet room decor with full instructions for padding/decorating


ANGEL WINGS BABY QUILT PATTERN-50"X 50"-Photography prop



SUNBONNET SUE BABY QUILT PATTERN
50" X 50"
INCLUDES: traditional 14" Sunbonnet Sue block pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment