Thursday, March 1, 2012

DIY REVERSIBLE CIRCLE SKIRT PATTERN FROM HANNAH'S CLOSET FOR YOUR AMERICAN GIRL DOLL

OK, so I'm still in dollville and may be here for a time. For now I am not leaving until these last few patterns are all together in my pattern store on Craftsy. As is my norm-I rushed in, got a lot done and then a slow down. But, also, as is the norm, a lot of other things get in the way and have to be taken care of.

A reversible circle skirt takes the limelight in this post. I am a child of the 50's-pony tails, duck tails, poodle skirts and Elvis so I threw in a poodle if anyone wants an applique for a 50's costume- I'll be making one for the dolls, not that the girls will know the background, but just because. The pattern can be cut for a short skating skirt, at knee length for school and 4 inches longer for a floor length skirt and mixed and matched with all the other pieces in Hannah's Closet.  

It is reversible because it takes no more time, in fact less and is less trouble-at least for me. When the hem and waistband are being put in, it is for 2 skirts, not one. So give it a try.

Here with matching reversible vest in cottons in street length.

                    Cut at the shorter length, the reversible skirt is coordinated with a reversible jacket
                                                          and sleeveless leotard to complete the costume,
            
               Paired here with a reversible jacket and top made with Hannah's Closet top/jacket pattern    
   
Here is a video tutorial with step by step instructions for the skirt.  

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find Hannah's Closet patterns quick and easy to use. I design as I like to sew with simplicity and speed. You see, I have several great, granddaughters now to sew for and a couple of them now want to learn to sew themselves so we will be using these patterns.
May God bless and keep you, 
Carolyn Wainscott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lot of things have changed since this original post on March 1, 2012 but not this skirt pattern or my other designs which I love making along with all my other Hannah's Closet doll clothes. The skirt pattern has been online for a while now and is one of the favorite patterns in Hannah's Closet
@

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/toy/ag-reversible-skirt-by-hannahs-closet/8465


Check out all my designs for quilting, crafting and doll fashion in My Pattern Store, Carolyn's Canvas: 









No comments:

Post a Comment