Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH RECYCLABLES

Full time job for me-getting organized. Then when I finally get it done, I can't find anything. I knew where it was when it was under something in one of those piles over there.

There is a tendency of too much around here and not wanting to throw anything away that is too good to pitch is part of my problem. I have been watching the shows on hoarding to encourage myself to NEVER, NEVER  get to that extreme.

My habit of not getting rid of emptied containers does come in handy and keeps me from having to send food out the door in my good purchased ones which I would never see again. I make soups, beans and chilis by the gallon[s]. The leftovers are stored in the freezer in the various emptied ice cream buckets, margarine-butter-sour cream-cottage cheese tubs stacked on the shelf. I always buy the giant economy size of anything so the containers are large.

Recyclables are also used in a lot of my crafts and have helped save money, especially when working with childrens' groups on a small budget. I have designed crafts around what was on hand rather than having to purchase supplies. 

I love making a lot of different crafts so have a variety of supplies on hand. Sometimes I think I would like to go out and purchase a system to organize all of them but then it is really more fun and creative to make my own for free. 

Organizers like the one shown in the videos run anywhere from $10 up. Mine only takes a little while to make with everyday sewing tools. It takes very little fabric and the ice cream bucket is free. This one will be used with my fabric paints and accessories. 

For a different sized container, just adjust the measurements to create your own custom organizer.

The videos below were created for FaveCraft.com for the online craft site. I was trying to keep the instructions to less than 5 minutes but that wasn't enough time to give adequate information. The site provides free patterns, free instructions, free tutorials and free videos on all sorts of crafts including: crochet, knitting, jewelry making, kids crafts, paper crafts and much more. You can find information on just about anything you are interested in with links to craft supply companies.

The site has so many beautiful crochet patterns that I must do for my great grandchildren that I almost have carpel tunnel syndrome trying to get them done.

I hope the videos help and if you have any questions, contact me at: quiltngrin.granny@blogger.com.

PART 1
PART 2


Happy organizing
Carolyn Wainscott, the quilting granny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
check out all my designs in My Craftsy Pattern Store @
http://www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/43851

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/other/soft-sculpture-nativity-set/147482



http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/other/sunbonnet-sue-baby-quilt-pattern/44984


http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/clothing/girls-hooded-cape-by-hannahs-closet/39227

No comments:

Post a Comment